(erielack) custom painting (suggestions)

I model the Erie in the Black and Yellow days and believe it or not, after
some experimenting I have been able do duplicate the black used on P2K and
Atlas diesels.

Now black is black according to Los Lobos, but I mean I've matched the
semigloss characteristics.  The formula turned out to be simple after
messing with adding clear gloss to flat and clear flat to gloss.  Both of
those thinned the pigs too much.

Okay, too late to make a long story short, but the bottom line:  To get the
proper sheen to duplicate the factory finishes use (Floquil, the real stuff
not the acrylic crap) two parts engine black (the flat) and one part CSX
Black (the gloss) and son of a gun, perfect match!  Decals apply nicely to
the finish, too.

Oh, yeah...Michael...if you don't already have one,  cut the AC Moore "40%
off one item" coupon out of the paper and go buy yourself an Aztek airbrush
and a couple spare tips.  That should be number one on the list and will
vastly simplify your numbers 4 through 17!!!! Well, maybe not the masking
part :^)

Regards,

Bob
NMRA 17940