Re:(erielack) Trying to date this picture

Jon;

Neat photo! I don't have any answers for you, only more questions... What
are those white (or light-colored) poles to the right of the station?
Telephone or power? They look almost like crossing gates...

The vehicles and dress of the crowd (all those hats!) makle it look like the
late 20's or early 30'... Note the water column... The crowd pressing up to
the cab of the loco; they set up some stairs with a railing for people to
access it... Also, as Bob B has pointed out, note the variety of
equipment... Very interetsing photo... Any clue as to what type of loco it
was?

Thanks again...

Jim Harr

Subject: (erielack) Trying to date this picture

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following
URL into your web browser:

http://www.Railfan.net/lists/listthumb.cgi?erielack-04-12-03

Owego_Ny_Excursion.jpg (image/jpeg, 92916 bytes)

Here is a photo of what appears to be an excursion at the DL&W station in
Owego, NY.  Does anyone have any details as the when this picture might have
been taken or what the occasion was?  It also looks to me like this train is
on the track that leads to the Ithaca branch, rather than the westbound
track - but I can't tell for sure.  Anyone have any better details?

I have a much higher resolution scan of this,  but I wanted to be kind to
those on dialup.

Jon Scaptura
Endicott, NY