(erielack) Re: DL&W Excursion train in Owego, NY (again)

Ha ha; I sent my first reply, then saw Chris's reply next; he picked up on
the same things I did, only he also picked up a whole lot more!! Good for
you, Chris; I, too, look at scenes like this and think what a great modeling
scene... Plus it gives us a great reason to run wacky mixed trains on our
layouts... This one is for the history buffs and modelers alike (although I
still mantain that we are all historians here...). Thanks Jon; why not post
a high-res scan, too? That way we can really zoom in. I won't mind waiting
to download this one...

Jim Harr, again...

Subject: DL&W Excursion train in Owego, NY
To: dlw1el2_@_aol.com, jscaptura@stny.rr.com

Bob may be right here.  Notice no platforms or people getting on or off of
the passenger cars and all the activity around the loco cab.  Also, there
are people mulling around the cars at mid-train and some on the right of
train appear to walking to the rear. Aside from the question asked and the
topic at hand, what an interesting picture.  Notice the variety both in the
consist and to the rear of the subject train.  In the center of the rear
portion of the picture it looks like there is a few milk tank cars (possibly
Borden type) and I can't make out the 3 or so cars in the extreme left rear
of the photo, although, it almost looks like the rearmost car has a stack of
some sort on top of it. Also, any speculation as to the type of car that is
one or two behind the third passenger?  It almost looks like a MOW car or
other special purpose car possibly.   The dark colored car behind it, looks
like it has a cab or a cupola of some sort on it.   Lastly, can anyone tell
me what the!
 three white poles are by the street / parking area, and what were they used
for (the leftmost one appears to be approximately the same height as the
telegraph pole behind it)? Great picture!  Lots of feel and character and
come to think of it, this would make / inspire a great model scene / diaroma
(sp)! Regards, Chris ThurnerFrom Archives_@_Railfan.net