(erielack) Re: Cigarette Girl..

Yeah, we had one of those too in Wanaque, used to run around the ROW
behind Quick-Check. Only, we KNEW what her profession was (the oldest
one in the world, need I say more???)

Anyways, she would always "entertain" Jocks and Preps from the High
School (Lakeland Regional) up in the woods behind the school.

One day she we asked what she did, and she was very blunt about it, and
said once we got into High School, and got some money, we too can employ
"her services"...

After that encounter, some of the older guys we'd hang out with got wind
of our brief conversation and grabbed us by our scruff and set us young
ones straight. I remember Earl and Barry (older kids) telling me point
blank after being pinned up to the wall behind Quick-Chek "You don't
want nothing to do with that C_@_m Dumpster, god knows you'll wind up
dead."...

Hey look, we may all have been Metal Heads (Gear Heads, Hell Rats, Long
Hairs, etc.) but we at least watched out for each other, young and old,
and we did have a set of standards.

Joseph D. Fisher
ELHS #3320

New Jersey Transit / Norfolk Southern