Re: (erielack) RE:

I seem to remember that NJT looked into this at one time and was told by the
New York City fire department that their rules would not allow the running of
the diesel locomotives with full or partially full tanks of diesel fuel
through the hudson river tunnel. They didn't explain why they allowed FL9s to
run through the tunnels into Grand Central though.

Ray