RE: (erielack) WNY Power assignments

Paul T. asked in his reply below whether I had mistaken a D&H PA for an EL one on a business / inspection train during 1972 - 1974 time range.
I'm pretty confident it was good old EL GMY, as it matched the business cars and again I'm just as confident that it wasn't an E8.  Also, I don't think the D&H received their PA's from ATSF until 76 or so.
Regards,
Chris Thurner
 "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:Chris,

> One last question. As I recall from reading elsewhere, the
> PA's were all traded in on newer 6 axle power in the late
> 60's. I recall, however, in the 72 - 74 year range, seeing a
> 2, maybe 3 car business train being pulled by at least one
> PA. It definitely wasn't an E8, because at the time I saw
> it, I remarked as to what kind of loco it was. It was in GMY
> and my guess it was either an inspection train to examine
> repair work done after Hurricane Agnes, or if it was 74, it
> was a train to review the tracks for a pre-CR evaluation team
> (or possibly Chessie / SF merger / acquisition).
>
> Can anyone elaborate on this or whether I was completely
> wrong? I'm pretty sure it was a PA on the front and I'm
> definitely sure on the date range.

I'm fairly certain you're mistaken. All the PA's were off the roster by 1969, most definitely scrapped!

A shame, too - would have been nice to see EL PA's running into the 70's....

Could it possibly have been a D&H PA?

- - Paul

Do you Yahoo!?