Re: (erielack) Intermountain HO scale Erie F-units

Listvolk:

Is it just me, or does that ERIE diamond look too big, as well? And the
whole area around the cab-side windows just doesn't look right... Maybe it's
the way the image appears digitally, I don't know... Doesn't have the right
feel to it...

To IM's benefit, looks like they got a real nice EMD builder's plate there!

Jim Harr

Subject: Re: (erielack) Intermountain HO scale Erie F-units

Paul, maybe you don't recall the post I made after the Springfield show,
where these were on display.

The stripes are too wide.
The top stripe didn't end with a quarter circle, though it appears to here.
The numbers at the rear are too big, too bold and too high (and as we
determined on this list, this size was in use the short period of time as
compared to the tiny numbers)
The paint over the cab is wrong
The numbers in the boards aren't right.
The shape of the yellow bib above the wings is wrong.  And below the bib's
not quite perfect either.
The horns, well, they look better in person . . .