RE: (erielack) NYSW PS1's

> I just picked up the April 1989 issue of RMC and came across
> a Monon PS1 kitbashing article by Montford Switzer.  In the
> article he mentioned the cars were purchased from the NYSW in
> 1956.  He mentions also that the NYSW kept 4 cars.  I have a
> 1965  ORER and it lists 401 and 402 as still in revenue
> service.  Does anyone know what other two cars (403, 404? wild
> guess) were in service in the late 1950's?  I have a very
> nice Kadee PS1 for the NYSW and I want to find out if I need
> to renumber it for  my circa 1957 layout. Thanks

The article's facts are not quite right. The NYS&W sold 33 of its 35 PS-1s to the Monon in the late 1950s - it kept #401 and 402 for "company service" (even though the #402 was later renumbered #526 and repainted yellow/black and put into revenue service, but hey, that's another story altogether :)

I think you'll be safe in running your PS1s!