RE: (erielack) The New Diamond

Loved the new Diamond!! Great cover design, wonderful photo section, well
put together.

Of course, seeing as how the Lake Cities article covered the West End, I
might be (Ever so slightly) biased ;-). Still, loved the photos that went
along with it, as well as in the Trackside section: Rochester depot (Still
exists): Still in rather worn Erie paint, with the westbound pulling up to
the depot on the single main, with Rochester/Manitou siding behind it.
Leiters Ford depot (Still exists): By this time, it had been closed and
moved away from it's original location (Straight towards the tracks), in
order to be used as a museum (Note the broken window and the boxes stacked
inside. I don't believe that the truck was part of the exhibits, although
the semaphore and baggage cart were.) [Did they ever go through with the
attempt to move this depot to North Judson?]. And Huntington station (Burned
down, nearly 20 years ago): Still looking pretty good from a distance, with
the photo taken from the eastbound home signal showing the string of cars
sitting on the east yard lead.

All in all, an outstanding job.

Michael Dye ELHS #1516