RE: (erielack) Request for opinions...

My thanks to all for the replies to my request for input, concerning the EL
SD60Ms. A good many valid suggestions and I'll have to put on my CMO hat any
give them a good going over.

Just a couple of points that came up:

1. The Erie Lackawanna was not the descendent of a land-grant railroad. So,
the military movements are at full price (However, we do offer a discount.
"Smiley" demanded it! Very patriotic, my EL [Guess that this is what comes
from having the owner being a veteran, eh?]).

2. The coal movements are paid for by the company which owns the generating
plant and is buying the coal, so we do make a fair amount from the movement.
Pity we can't bypass BNSF and get the long haul for the EL... Ditto for the
intermodal, as we move at 70mph for those hauls (Remember, "Erie-The fastest
route between New York and Chicago"). {Sure hope that the HO scale FRA
inspectors don't get wind of that speed).

3. I know that CSX has gone to the 'blue dip with the yellow nose', but I
just can't bring myself to depart from the GMY. Call it a weakness... ;-)

Thanks again to all.

Michael Dye ELHS #1516