(erielack) 20th Century Hobbies Newsletter

What's New?

Web site changes:
Pictures of the Lehigh & New Jersey, an HO layout under construction
(aren't they all under construction?) with some pictures of the
"track gang".

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/Otherlayouts/OtherLayouts2.htm

The Lifelike P2K Erie Lackawanna EMD SW8 in gray, maroon & yellow has
been released and is in stock now.  This limited edition Proto
2000 model replicates one of the yard work horses of the EL.
SW8's did yard work and short haul local freight drilling.
Comes in 2 different numbers for Erie Lackawanna.

The LifeLike Alco S-1 in Erie and Erie Lackawanna are also in stock.
Both versions are in black & yellow and in 2 numbers each.

Stewart has released an F3A phase II early scheme for the New York,
Ontario & Western.  F3A/B set in DL&W has been restocked.

We are still waiting for the U25B in Erie Lackawanna from Stewart
as well as the FTA/B set in DL&W freight in "as delivered scheme".
Reservations for these two models are still open.

The Dewitt Clinton Train set has been re-released by Bachmann.
This is a great little complete set for under the Xmas tree or just
for "playing around".  We have a fondness for this train because
here in Clinton, New Jersey, the town was named after the same man,
DeWitt Clinton, once governor of New Jersey.  Rumors that our town
was named after the "more recent, other" Clinton are false.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOLocos/HOLocos.htm

We have received two LifeLike P2K Hertiage 0-8-0 steam switchers
with tenders undecorated (painted black with silver/gray boiler
front and red window framing).  These models are highly detailed
and can be easily turned into Erie engines with decals.  We also
have one in Boston & Maine.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOLocos/HOLocoSteam.htm

The Laser Horizon passenger cars sides came in, went out and
came in again. We had to restock from our first order so that
everyone who wanted them could get them.  Combined into the
"Whole McGilla" (our version of the complete car kit) has been
actively moving through our inventory into many modelers hands.
These kits are truly the best version of the passenger cars of our
favorite railroads to date.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOPassenger/HOPassenger.htm

Branchline continues to release a multitude of 50' Berwick cars, 40'
box cars with 6', 7' and 8' doors in a variety of names including
the Erie Railroad, Maine Central, Buffalo Creek, New York Central
and Reading.

Recently, we split the HO freight car listing into two categories,
"easy to build kits" and "craftsmen kits/built ups". There are
a large amount of freight cars in stock including some restock
Atlas, LifeLike and Roundhouse (MDC).

For craftsmen kits, use:
http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOFreight/HOFreight1.htm

For easy to build kits, use:
http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/HOFreight/HOFreight2.htm

G Scale - We have listed USA Trains diesel engines with our
discounted prices on these huge machines.  A wide selection of
locos for your garden layout.  Quite a few in our favorite colors.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/GLocos/ForSaleG.htm

We are still taking reservations for the new Erie Lackawanna
color book from Railroad Avenue Enterprises.  Yes, we now know
the what we think is the title " A Colorful Look at an Erie
Lackawanna Railroader's Memories" by Rich Pennisi. No wonder
I couldn't remember it.  It's very long and I was having a
"senior" moment. Due out in June.  Get your reservation in now.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/Books/Books.htm

Kato's Erie #3200 steam Mikado 2-8-2 in stock.

N scale Atlas NYS&W 8-40B diesel locomotives are due in.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/NLocos/NLocos.htm

The Atlas 55-ton fishbelly open hoppers are being released.
We received a bunch of n scale cabooses in Reading, Delaware &
Hudson, Lehigh Valley and other local roadnames.
Also covered hoppers for the L&NE.

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/NFreight/NFreight.htm

An O scale K-Line Erie Lackawanna bay window caboose is in stock.
What a beauty!

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/SaleList/OLocos/OScalelocos.htm

For those of you waiting for the "new" web site, our project
schedule has fallen behind due to work being done for clients
and probably won't be operational until later this year, we hope.

Thank you all for your patronage and we will endeavor to continue
to supply you with items for your favorite hobby.

- -Joe Jordan
20th Century Hobbies, Inc.
http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/
jjordan_@_blast.net