(erielack) Re: Sad News

In a message dated 5/6/2002 3:50:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lederer73
writes:

> DL&W retired engineer Charlie Farrell passed away this morning..
> He hired in 1948, and was on the last Rockaway train. He retired in 1994 or
> 1995, I believe.. Very nice man he was.

Pat
Yes, he really was a nice guy.  My son and I rode in with him the last
morning the old MUs operated.  He and his son Mike were the Engineer and
Conductor on the last old MU train out of Hoboken to Dover that evening, Aug
24, 1984. I was proud that both Charlie and his son Mike got out to East Rail
in 2001 and saw my show, on the old MUs.  He was always a mild manor
individual, and a good railroader.  I'm sorry to here of his death.  Keep me
posted on the funeral arrangements.

Thanks
Bob