Re: (erielack) New book w/EL content

I read the new book on abandonments and feel it 1)doesn't go into enough
depth about the various socio-economic, political, etc. forces that bring
about abandonment, and 2) doesn't attempt to quantify the stunted
transportation future most of the benighted railroadless communities face.
From and economic and environmental perspective we need more railroads, not
fewer, and this book doesn't even approach this.  The maps are almost magic
marker quality.  I certainly expected much more from a work with this title.
  Caveat emptor!  M. J. Connor