Re: (erielack) "new" stuff

Great pictures!!!  Thanks as always for posting them, George.

I wish there were some taken on the NJ&NY or Piermont Branch, or Northern RR
besides Nyack... all hard to come by, sadly...  don't even start me on the
New City Branch.... oh well.

Just  a few comments/ questions

A few geography points... Hillsdale, NY wasn't served by the Erie, though
Hillsdale, NJ was, and still is by NJT.  There was an NJ&NY yard there for
years.  Paterson, NJ and Suffern, NY are the correct town spellings.  Like
Hillsdale, Patterson, NY was not an Erie town.  "Sufferin, NJ" is actually
very funny and would make a good title for a comedy TV show.  NJ is a place
of suffering. I spent 24 years there. :)

Erie 2534 is in front of a building that says "Niagara Power" on it.  This
picture is labeled Paterson, NJ, although I believe that this company
operated in the Buffalo area.  Can anyone confirm this?
http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/erie-s2534alb.jpg

What a great station behind Erie 2541.  Can anyone with sharp eyes and an
educated mind identify it?
http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/erie-s2541alb.jpg

What is X 4864 in the background?  Some MOW car I guess.
http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/erie-s2715alb.jpg

Great old wooden boxcars in this one!  Wortendyke, NJ is an area between
Ridgewood and Ho-Ho-Kus, and I believe an NYS&W stop.  Was there ever a
Bergen/Main Line stop called Wortendyke and where was this taken?
http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/erie-s2753alb.jpg

Michael Sheehy
"Summit Park Station" NJNYRR/ Erie MP 34
New Hempstead, NY

njnyrr.homestead.com
An online history project (in progress) detailing the significant effect of
the NJ&NY RR and the Erie Piermont Branch on the development of communities
in Bergen County, NJ and Rockland County, NY and its industrial heritage.