Re: (erielack) Door knobs

"TIMOTHY O. STUY" wrote:

> Does anyone know about cast doorknobs used for the Erie and the Lackawanna?
>  I just got a brass doorknob with a cast interlocked "LR" in it.  It came
> with a bunch of other DL&W stuff so I am sure it is authentic.  Were these
> used on every station?  Any idea of time frame?
>
> Tim

I've seen an Erie example.  There is a local antique dealer
that has one from the Meadville passenger station, he showed
it to me when I was in there checking out his lanterns.
It was cast metal (brass?) with the diamond logo w/ Erie
in the center, and some fancy work around it, iirc.
He didn't put a price on it, he's "not sure what it's worth"
(read as "I don't want to undercharge anyone!!).  I'll have
to check back and see if it's still there.
AL