(erielack) Decal details

Carl "The Curious" Gustafson asked:

> At 5:32 AM -0500 3/6/02,  Paul Tupaczewski wrote:
> >Next set that's being worked on is EL/DL&W
> gray/maroon/yellow PASSENGER
> >EQUIPMENT, by popular demand and based on the info from the
> recent list
> >poll.... Updates will follow!
>
> Hey, good news! What'll it cover - coach, sleeper, diner,
> tavern/lounge, head-end cars?

I have been thinking of "economies in decal sets" lately, to keep prices
down, so here's the approach I'm taking with the passenger sets - there will
be TWO sets:

* One set is the "standard" set which will contain lettering that is used
most frequently on each model:

ERIE LACKAWANNA roadname in DL&W-style 7" Roman
ERIE LACKAWANNA roadname in "light Roman" 7" typeface (as seen on most of
the smoothside lightweights)
Roman roadnumbers
1-inch yellow edge striping
DINER, PULLMAN, RAILWAY EXPRESS AGENCY, UNITED STATES MAIL and other common
lettering

* The second set is the "adjunct set," featuring lettering that's unique to
particular cars:

"Phoebe Snow" tailsigns, TAVERN LOUNGE lettering
Individual car names (I.e., PRIDE OF YOUNGSTOWN, TIOGHNIOGA, PEQUEST, etc.)

This way, you'd only have to get ONE of the adjunct set, and use the
lettering in conjunction with the first set. By doing this, it keeps the
cost of the first set low.

I'm also taking this approach with the diesel decal set. It does NOT come
with numberboard lettering because of the dozens (!!!) of variations of
typefaces on the numberboards. Therefore, the numberboards will be offered
as three separate sets:

* EMD diesels
* GE + F-M diesels
* Alco + Lima + Baldwin diesels

Each set will have enough numbers to do several diesels, including all the
known variations. Heck, for EMD alone we have:

* E8/GP7/GP9/GP35 "block Gothic" in white-on-black
* SD45 "as delivered Gothic" in white-on-black
* GP35/SD45/P45/45-2 "block Gothic" in black-on-white
* SW/NW "condensed Gothic" in black-on-white and white-on-black
* F-unit small numberboard "condensed Gothic" in white-on-black
* F-unit "condensed Gothic" large numberboards in white-on-black

You get the idea!