RE: (erielack) Appropriate Lists for Occasional non-EL topics (wa s re:

> I was wondering about message boards or other online discussions for
> industrial heritage and local history for northern NJ and
> Rockland County,
> NY.  My main area of interest being the effect of the
> railroad on these
> areas, I often have questions that are not directly related
> to Erie/ E-L,
> except for the fact that it ran through/by the place in
> question.  I have
> seen some discussion of online industry here (good thing) but
> am otherwise
> hesitant to post questions unrelated to the railroad.
> Any suggestions?

I don't have problem with a topic such as this being discussed on the list
(and I don't think many people would, either), particularly if it's a
lineside industry...

Rule of thumb: If you think it's somewhat relevant, post it. The worst that
can happen is that I'll get flooded with E-mails saying "what does this have
to do with EL?" and I'll E-mail you directly asking to take that topic
elsewhere...