Re: (erielack) Early Erie Photos

In a message dated 2/28/2002 5:02:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richy_@_graphicphases.com writes:

> Erie12nj_ny.jpg (image/jpeg, 92421 bytes)

WOW You made my day.  This is the Park Ridge, NJ&NY #12 it was in service
from 1895 until its 1921 scrapping.  According to Wilson Jones in "The
Pascack Valley Line" (p. A1) it was built by Rogers in March 1895, builder's
plate # 5038.  It was remarkable for several reasons- it was the last
locomotive built for the NJ&NY, as well as being the first to carry a clock,
donated by the residents of Park Ridge.  See my page, njnyrr.homestead.com
for more information.  Pic possibly in Hillsdale, or Jersey City.