(erielack) M&E inappropriate?

Listcop Paul defended himself vigorously.....

>>Agreed, that the latter is relevant to EL, and I won't disagree with yo=
there. And the M&E, in many contexts, is relevant on this list. But
discussions of cab signals and units' histories really aren't relevant to=

the EL. Operations over the M&E, sure. News that the M&E got motive power=

run over those lines, fine.<<

OK, let me try to understand this.

The installation of cab signals on an engine owned by a short-line railro=
ad
operating over E-L trackage is verboten.

The history of an engine operated by that short-line over E-L trackage is=

irrelevant, although news that the short-line acquired the engine is OK..=

Operations of that short-line, which may or not involve E-L trackage, are=

OK.

I'm having a little difficulty with the fine line of distinction here.  A=
nd
this delicate difurcation is directed to list-posters who still haven't
figured out how to quote only the relevant portion of a previous message
they are responding to.  Are you kidding?

>>Dave, you live here in NJ and know the M&E well, so you'll tend to
support M&E discussions.<<

I confess, I live in NJ and have personal ties to the M&E.  We all have
personal interests.  There are other postings on the list which do not
interest me.  I have not criticised them or suggested their removal.

>> The several folks who have E-mailed me directly regarding whether this=

is valid list content are not [NJ residents], and don't find it relevant.=
<<

Since I am a Digest subscriber, I have not had the opportunity to view
these divergent opinions, assuming they were posted to the list.  I am
certainly willing to yield to the wish of the listmembers.  Since the
relevance of the M&E to this list was a previous topic, and since I find
your distinctions of news interest impossible to discern, I would suggest=

that the question be opened to discussion.

Nothing personal.

Dave Ross
Cliffside Park, NJ (USA)  =