(erielack) Bounced message re: Wanaque/Midvale

From: "Roy W. Scheckermann" <rschecke_@_optonline.net>
Subject: RE: (erielack) Wanaque
To: "'Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)'" <paultup_@_lucent.com>,
   "'A Samostie'" <quahog_@_sprint.ca>,
   "erielack_@_lists.railfan.net" <erielack@lists.railfan.net>

Paul,

> No idea whether the station was closer to Wanaque or Midvale.
>
> I believe that station was in Wanaque. Where's Midvale??? :)

	Wanaque Boro is comprised of three towns. Starting at Pompton
Lakes and
travelling north there is Haskell, then Wanaque and finally Midvale.
 Ringwood was the next town.  According to my Hagstrom, dated 1954,
there
was a station at Pompton Junction in Pompton Lakes, then one in Wanaque
next to Lake Washington and finally a station in Midvale, across the
street
from the boro hall and just North of the main dam.  The Midvale station
is
where the wye existed and the terminus after the Ringwood section was
abandoned.  The rail and ties have been ripped up in Wanaque Boro for
quite
some time and yes, I doubt that passenger service will ever return,
although the NYS&W wants the state to have passenger service on it's
tracks, which cross the Erie at Pompton Junction.

Roy