RE: (erielack) Erie PAs on the Northern Branch

What was interesting about the Northern using Susquehanna Transfer was th=
at
when the NYS&W ended commuter service on June 30, 1966 it also ended the
bus connection.  A the time the cancellation was technically illegal so
each day the NYS&W issued orders annuling all passenger trains that day. =

This went on until September, I believe.  For some length of time, the
Northern trains continued to stop at Susquehanna Transfer, now  stop to
nowhere.

In 1989, several of us at that time involved with the NYS&WT&HS built a
"new" Susquehanna Transfer platform with a walkway to the NJTransit/Port
Authority Park/Ride parking lot.  For several years we ran fall excursion=
that offered connecting bus service from New York.

Tim