Re: (erielack) What Locals Called the Railroads (was Re: Re: Lackawanna origi...

In a message dated 1/28/02 10:25:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tabeckett_@_stny.rr.com writes:

> But he was referring to Erie and DL men as late as 1988, maybe
> 1989.

The EL maintained two rosters in the department I worked in. There was a Erie
Roster and a DL&W roster. When I worked in the Scranton Work Equipment Shop
in the winter of 1968 they had to make sure no older DL men were furloughed.
We called Erie men or DL men even after Conrail.
By the time I was awarded the System Scale Inspector job there were no DL men
on the Scale Dept Roster..... They had all retired. The last DL Scale
Inspector was a fellow by the name of D. L. Johnson. He was called scalie
Johnson.
John C. Durant