(erielack) A&P Warehouse

In the recent thread on A&P's headquarters in Montvale and whether there was
a warehouse there, brought up a question that's been nagging me.

A&P had a facility in Big Flats / Horseheads NY area that was a warehouse
and possibly a food processing facility.  I am almost certain that it was
served by the EL.  As I recall, it closed in the mid / late 70's and has
been up for sale since.  It has seen some tenants there on  lease basis in
the intervening years. (It's visible from Rt. 17 / I86 to the south of the
highway (actually its between the highway and the former EL tracks).

It appears to be a relatively modern facility, and I was wondering if it was
served by the Erie (or even possibly the DL&W) or was it built postmerger?

Also, do any of the listmembers know what type of traffic it received /
originated and have any further info on its operations?

I'm constructing a layout of the EL in the S. Tier in the 60's / early 70's
and think it's a neat structure (or at least a significant one) worth
considering for inclusion.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Chris