RE: (erielack) Erie PAs on the Northern Branch

> 3) Did some (or all) Northern Branch trains stop at
> Susquehanna Transfer, or was that only a stop for NYSW
> trains?  What about North Bergen?
>
> My understanding is that the platform at the Transfer was
> actually between the two Northern tracks... apparently the
> NYSW and Northern were operated as a single 4-track railroad
> between Pavonia and the point where they diverged (Granton Jct.)?

The Transfer was an NYS&W-only station, as far as I know. I would love to
see a good diagram of the tracks at the Transfer to try and make sense of
all this.

And yes, the two lines diverged at Granton Jct. - the interlocking tower
there still stands, albeit as a stone shell... :(

> 5) The photo of the PA on the Northern Branch shows the
> locomotive (road number unknown) still in its original black
> and yellow paint.  Even though the photo was taken in 1957,
> the paint is fairly shiny, and I had assumed it was from the
> early 1950s.  When were the PAs repainted in the two-tone
> green passenger scheme?

Mid-1950s, but they didn't put an effort into getting all the units
repainted... At least one made it to EL in black/yellow paint!