(erielack) Montvale, Montville, and Pronunciation Help

Dear Group,

With the recent confusion between Montville and Montvale (which I've got
to admit, always confused me), which was formerly (or still) the site of
the A&P Supermarkets Headquarters -- Montvale or Montville?  Was A&P's
warehouse served by the EL?

Also, there are two EL-related NJ towns that I need pronunciation help
on:

1) Tenafly -- pronounced TEN-uh-fly, or TEN-uh-flea, or something
altogether different?

2) Tonnelle (as in Tonnelle Avenue, which runs on the crest of Bergen
Hill) -- is it ton-el-LEE, or tonn-ELL?  (I always thought it was the
latter, but recently heard it pronouced ton-el-LEE on WCBS radio)!

And then, there's Apalachin, on the DL&W Main between Binghamton and
Owego.  My family is from there, so I KNOW the correct pronunciation.
But, I've heard it pronounced at least a half dozen different ways,
usually involving the "ch" sound (as in Appalachian Mountains).
However, the correct pronunciation, for DL&W fans and everyone else,
is ap-uh-LAY-kin.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>