(erielack) M&E's C425 and RS1

In a message dated 1/26/02 11:27:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, STEVE Z 10
writes:

> When will this unit [SP&S C425] enter service?

When the mechanics bless it for operation.  Hopefully soon.  They bought a
wheelset for it, so that could take some time to install.   Plans are / were
/ could change to put it in service at Bayway first.

> Are cab signals being installed?

No.  Plans are to bring the 19 back to Morristown for cab signals.

That RS1 is neat.  Built in 1954, it was very late in domestic RS1 production
(ending in 1957, with the last many of them built for Mexico).  The railroad
has no real desire to run it or not run it, but most of the crews do want to
run it.  And that name on the cab is for our Frank L. Black, the Lackawanna
lover from Andover Junction who died a few years ago.  He and the
former-owner Jim Hagar were friends.  I've seen the Ware River RS1 many times
on the MassCentral, but I wasn't aware that Frank's name was on the engine.
Very classy memorial.

                                                            ....Mike