Re: (erielack) Re: [AnthraciteRR] lackawanna original steam bell...

Bobcat,

I would bet that he's not that clueless. The years I spent living in
Scranton in the late 1980's, almost every non-buff I knew called the
railroad the E-L. Not sure why, but the E-L name had lasting power.

Rob

On 1/25/02 1:42 PM, "BobcatCS_@_aol.com" <BobcatCS@aol.com> wrote:

> Here's the response from the seller when I asked about the bell.  Does the
> word "Clueless" ring that bell?
>
>> Probably from a D.L.&W locomotive, I went to Steamtown Historic Nat. Museum >
> and researched. Your right about your dates, but in Scranton everyone called
> it the >Erie Lackawanna foundry. Sincerely, Ron W
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob
> ELHS 3117
> NMRA 116615

- --
Robert John Davis
trains_@_robertjohndavis.com

Moderator of the Milk Train and Dairy Industry group at: