Re: (erielack) A, B, C, D

        Paul, and all,

        As far as I know, the E's were never "renumbered" before the
merger.  There were several modifications over the ERIE years, but not
the numbers.  First the passenger pilots and coupler covers went - EARLY
!  Then the "Radio Equipped" lightning bolts were applied.  Then then
nose ladders and MU plugs showed up.  Of course there was also the first
and short-lived paint scheme with the front wings placed very low on the
nose and wrapped way around to the sides.  I think this only showed up on
the very first few units delivered.  I don't think many of them even left
EMD with this design !

        Jim Flynn
        ELHS # 2598
        jimbatt1_@_juno.com