RE: (erielack) Re: ErieLack Digest V3 #439

The Clear Block stuff is excellent, and it actually uses LIVE SOUND! I wish
they'd get to finishing their Vol. 3 (which is previewed at the end of Vol.
2 and shows DL&W and Erie goodies)

Other highly-rated EL videos (in my opinion):

"The Erie Lackawanna Railroad" (Green Frog Productions, 2-tape set) -
SUPERB. Seems like live sound, and the image (16mm) is crystal clear.
Narrator is a little hokey, but the images are quite memorable.

"The Friendly Service Route" (Revelations Audio-Video) - Excellent, their
first (and IMHO, their best) EL tape. Very "homemade" feel to it, and the
video filming isn't overly professional, but has some great stuff on it so
you overlook that. It's kind of like watching your buddy's home RR videos.
Ron McElrath (owner of Revelation) narrates, and frankly, he is pretty
horrible here - monotone, no signs of emotion. (he's improved greatly in
later tapes, to his credit). One of the oddest things on this video is a 1
second clip of what appears to be a model of a New Haven EP-5 "Jet" electric
- - in EL GMY paint! Odd. :)  Sound on this tape is mostly live, from what I
can tell. Still great, and really one of the first.

"Memories of the EL - Vol 1, 2, 3" (Mark I Video) - Excellent films culled
from several peoples' collections. Gripes: Sound is obviously dubbed, and
each tape is a paltry 30 minute in length (I wish we'd have all three on one
tape, but hey, I guess Mark I needs to make some money badly nowadays)

I believe some of the Revelations movies have western NY stuff in them, but
those are the only thing that stick in my mind...

	- Paul