(erielack) EL C-628's and a question

Paul and list;
    I would counter that if the EL had acquired C-628's they would have been
in the 2800 series.  My reason is quite simple.  The EL had used horsepower
as a pre qualifier for number series, as such the SD-45's became 3600's and
the U-33-C's became 3300's.  Of course, the U-36's just were numbered after
the last 33.  But here is the point of contention with the 2750 class being
offered for the 628's.
    The EL had "on the books" an order with GE for U-23-B's (list has kicked
this one around quite a few times).  These were to be numbered as 2300's
even though their horsepower is actually 2250.  As such, wouldn't it be safe
to ponder that the fifty horsepower less on the 628 would lend to the 2800
series rather than the 2750 series since no other engines occupied either
block?

    Also, the burning question,  I had ordered the second set of EL hoppers
and understood they would be sent around or after Christmas.  Can anyone
update their status?

Bob Chupka