Re: (erielack) Burial Along the Railroad

I am going to be from Missouri on this one.  I checked the Railway Age for
March and early April 1935 and found no mention of a derailment on the
Syracuse Line.  I then checked the DOT ICC listing of derailments which
shows most serious (fatal and otherwise incidents) for 1935.  The DL&W had
two incidents investigated by the ICC in 1935:
   19 Jan 1935 Newton NJ 1 employee killed account derailment caused by open
switch.
   29 Jan 1935 Harrison NJ 79 passengers and 14 empoloyees shaken up in a
rear-end collision involving two electric MU trains.
   I also checked the DL&W's Annual Report for 1935 and it made no mention
of any derailment.  Ditto for Taber's DL&W in the Twentieth Century.
   I would further comment that the alleged burial of this woman next to the
right-of-way is most unlikely given the date and state.  Laws providing for
coroners, autopsies, etc. had been on the books for most of the Twentieth
Century.
     If there was an incident I think a lot more research is needed to pin
it down.