(erielack) EL Snow Operations

List,
    While we have been discussing snow operations with Russell Plows,
Rotaries etc., the only experience I can relate to was growing up on the
Bloom and seeing a High Rail truck with a plow blade (just like plowing out
a parking lot) go up the Bloom from Plymouth towards Kingston.  We had
experienced a heavy snow the day before, and this guy was "plowing" East
(towards Scranton) as he went.  He would stop and lift the blade going over
switches.  He would also stop and sweep out the points.  Then pull over the
switch, drop his blade to just above the railhead and continue on.
    Not exactly the "steam powered rotaries" from out West, but definitely
on the EL and list related.

Chupka