Re: (erielack) Erie Split Mains

	Not only were there split mains but they were also at
different elevations in many spots. At the extreme end
there was 42 feet of vertical elevation differences
between the two Mains in Indiana. I don't know of any
structures between the split mains but there were a
few road bridges over the eastbound main going into a
standard grade cossing of the west bound main.

	The mains did not keep equal distance apart as the
tangents between the two varied. ( some times only 5
feet of extra distance over the standard double track
separation and up to 110' in a few spots on my
charts). I have never seen anything that stated why
and what fors as to the split multi level mains. Any
help there would be appreciated.

	Taxes in Two of the indana counties were so high
after a reforendum that precipitated the removal of
the double track in 54 or 55.

Rich Young