(erielack) Number 1's last run, tonight

In a message dated 1/4/02 9:12:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, gkazin_@_yahoo.com=
=20
writes:

> NJ Transit train No. 429 will arrive in Gladstone from Hoboken at about
>  6:30 p.m. today.  For Bill Davidson, 74, the train=E2=80=99s engineer, it
>  literally will be his last stop.

Actually, "Number 1's" last run will be tonight, Friday, on 429, leaving=20
Hoboken at 5:00 p.m., arriving at 6:21 p.m. at Gladstone.

I'm hoping for a dramatic whistle salute in Hoboken.

This man marks the end of the Lackawanna steam era, the last of the steam=20
engineers still to be working.

Thanks, Bill Davidson, for such a storied career and admirable work ethic.

                                   ....Mike