(erielack) Wreck at Owego (late 1970s / early 1980s)

Dear Group,

In my last message to the group (re: PS&N), I mentioned a derailment on
the EL (Erie) at Owego, adjacent to The Hickories park and the Hiawatha
Bridge overpass over NY 17C.  I'm pretty sure it was post-Conrail (late
1970s or early 1980s), but not entirely certain.

I have no experience researching accident reports, but I know several of
you are quite adept at it.  Can anyone determine the date of this wreck,
or other details that may be of general interest?

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>