Re: (erielack) Harold W's Erie RR operations

Mr. Haines-

First of all, mentioning my layout in the same email as Harold's is
a blasphemy.  Harold's layout is one of the finest I've ever encountered.
I was privileged to attend an operating session at Harold's in June 1997
which ran so smooth and without any minor mishap, it was like watching
the real ERIE railroad.  His scenery and re-creation of the Delaware Division
which includes the Starrucca Viaduct is SPECTACULAR. His mix of steam and
early diesel is INSPIRING. His operating adherance to the prototype
schedule is
UNBELIEVABLE. All in all, almost a religious/spiritual experience.

If you had ever attended an operating session at my layout, (total
confusion, unrealistic scheduling and too much laughing by operators),
you would know what I was talking about it in terms of blasphemy.

On our web site, we have the usual blurry photos (taken by me) of that
day in Harold's basement during the operating session.  You can see them at:

http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/Otherlayouts/OtherLayouts.htm

Another article which ran in Model Railroader, January 1994, pages 80
thru 87 with a full color diagram of the layout. This issue celebrated
60 years of Model Railroader magazine and celebrated with the first article
being Harold Werthwein's Erie Railroad.  I felt that was very appropriate and
I'm sure most of the list will agree with me, all of us being somewhat
slanted toward's anything Erie/DL&W/Erie Lackawanna.

Please DO NOT insult Harold's layout that way again. :>)

With the usual tongue in cheek and head up my butt, I remain,
- -Joe Jordan