(erielack) EL Piggyback operations

Forgot to mention one thing I found:

Press Release regarding Piggyback service on the EL.  Press Release was
dated July 1, 1964.  Started off saying June marked the 10th anniversary of
piggyback service on the EL.  (I know the EL started in 1960, this is what
the letter said).

A few weeks ago someone asked about where the EL had piggyback operations.
Here is what I found at the EL archives.

NOTE: reprinted with Permission from the University of Akron Archival
Services.  From the EL Railway Company "Through Freight Train
Classifications, Times and Connections."  Dated 10-28-1973:

1) Meadville, PA..1 track, ramp on West end.
2) Sharon, PA..1 track ramp on West end
3) Cleveland, OH..2 tracks, loading both on east and west ends
4) Akron, OH..2 tracks, loading east and west ends
5) Mansfield, OH..2 tracks, ramp on west end; 1 track east
6) Marion, OH..1 track, ramp on west end
7) Lima, OH..1 track, ramp on west end
8) Huntington, IN..1 track ramp on west end
9) Chicago, IL..hmmm, no info on ramps or location?? not sure why.
10) Norwich, NY..1 track, 800ft long with ramp on east end
11) Utica, NY..1 track, 300ft with ramp on east end.  2 storage tracks
adjacent to ramp, total 400ft
12) Elmira, NY..2 tracks, west; 1 track, east
13) Rochester, NY.. 2 tracks east of freight house with ramps at west end
14) Buffalo, NY.. 2 tracks rampson east and west ends

Hope this clears a little bit up.

Mike Riley