Re: (erielack) Turning Passenger Consists

To quote someone who told me, the Syracuse roundhouse was "torched by the
Conrail arson squad" in 1976 or 77...   the loco facilities were near the
Geddes Street yards downtown, but west of them and north of Fayette St. -
the overpass remains, although all that it leads to now is an empty field.
There still is a lead to a customer about where the switches for the lead
into the roundhouse was, I forget their name but it's a supply company.
They stopped using the EL facilities by '77 if not sooner what with Dewitt
Yard's at one time rebuild-capable facility to base the power out of, and I
would imagine tore everything out after the fire.

I've been told there was an ex-Erie tender back here somewhere that was
offered to the CNY Chapter, but they turned it down because it had no
couplers (and apparently since they grow on trees anyhow).  So it's probably
been recycled into soup cans that have long since hit the dump -

Seems as though the Utica table pit is filled in with earth, possibly done
by Conrail, although the table was left lined to be used as a storage lead
and has some boxcars or other equipment sitting on it -

Bill K.