Re: (erielack) Diamond and USPS delays

Diamond................

He's 100% correct..........it's an Eastbound train starting up the hill
toward Hubbard.

About the ONLY building that now remains is the Catholic Church that you can
see the steeple in the photo.  I can't recall that anything else remains.
Like Jim says, both Republic Rubber as well as Truscon Division were
customers.  Also, there was a spur that went up the hill toward
Youngstown-Hubbard Road that served a few industries including a produce
dealer.

You couldn't take any photos there today, even at high noon and be safe as
this area of Youngstown is notorious for it's crime rate.

A final note, McGuffey Yard (NYC) was abandoned by by photo time as an active
yard, but it remained with an entrance on the North End (PC) at that time.
When I was TM in Youngstown starting in 1989, we still used the yard for
storage cars awaiting retirement at Midwest Steel and Alloy or other scrap
yards.  I think McGuffey was finally abandoned and removed about 1992.

Great photo!

smt