Erie bootstraps Re: (erielack) Strange Picks for models ?

For the most, these are companies that operate in a "cool" factor. There are
scores of examples like you mention. The Canadian Pacific D-10 comes to
mind.

The key is to get an Erie guy to do some importing.

Why was there a rash of O&W brass? Al Seebach
Why are we getting great Rutland and B&M brass now? Charlie Lehman and the
Rutland mafia. The same can be said of Railworks PRR items.

OMI is history for me. Their quality sank with the Cheyenne-built models,
but had been sinking for a decade-straight. I see the CN 2-8-0's are by
Boo-Rim, so my hopes are up. Overall, OMI's work just isn't all that. And
they have single-handedly corrupted the pricing on the new brass market.

My point is to look elsewhere or do it yourself. Give a company like
Railworks a shot, or do your own importing.

To blame OMI and a company that doesn't even make HO models isn't going to
get you anything.

Rob Davis