RE: (erielack) Fictional EL What if

>      There are some issues concerning running tracks over
> other lines.  I
> don't think the program has crossing diamonds.  However,
> people are always
> coming out with new tips, tricks and additional items for the
> game.  You can
> create just about any area.  Doing the Griffith area would
> definately be
> neat.

Are you sure diamonds aren't possible in the game? Has anyone tried?

> It would be tricky in setting up non-EL trains to run
> through the
> area.  Say you are running an EL train stopped at a signal,
> waiting for a
> train to clear.  That may not be possible.  I am sure it will
> be something
> that could be designed and possibly developed in the future.

I believe that is possible using the rules that you can set up. For example,
a signal change could be attached to a train passing one point just before
the diamond and passing another point past the diamond. Lots of logic
necessary here, but it's doable.

> The key to it is to make it so that the route has a purpose.
> Take train x
> from point a to point b.  Switch cars to x industries.  You
> have to do x,
> but have heavy traffic on the main line.  Things like that.

Not always - remember, you can just run trains for no purpose - "joyriding."
But yes, the game is much more engrossing with concrete objectives in place.