From: "El Jefe" <ElJefe3126_@_netscape.net>
To: ""Blake D. Tatar"" <BDTatar_@_worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Re: Erie station signs

> "Blake D. Tatar" <BDTatar_@_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Here is the standard lettering diagram.
> >http://home.att.net/~ErieRailroad/sign2.jpg
>
> Now that's interesting.  I can see why a railroad would have standards for
lettering and signs, and I can see why there might be some national standard
for such.  But why would 4, and only 4 railroads agree on a lettering
standard, and why those 4 particular railroads?  I know there were "family
ties" between the Erie and the Nickle Plate, but how do the other two
railroads fit in?

Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_@_Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/