Re: (erielack) Jan Trains Mag map

>From: Chris Thurner <chris.thurner_@_adelphia.com>
Now some discussion points: (Regarding the map)

>1.)	It, in my opinion, seems fairly accurate.  The River Line is shown as
>inactive, no former EL / Erie line west of Lima, OH, Dayton Branch is gone,
>etc;

I assume that the map is strictly concerned with the CR-run lines and that
the state subsidized/new user lines in Indiana (Erie Western/C&I,
Tippecanoe/JK Lines) aren't shown.

Actually, the Dayton branch is shown as "Light Density" down to the vicinity
of Claiborne, without showing the portion that currently serves the
Pottersburg Honda plant.

>4.)	Look around Dayton / Springfield, OH.  There is a very brief stretch of
>trackage labeled Erie (closer to Springfield).  Is this part of the Dayton
>branch?  Again as with the one around Newburgh, I presume this survived to
>serve a particular customer(s).  Does anyone know who and is this correctly
>labeled as an ex-Erie line?;

I can't be certain, but wouldn't this be the Dayton branch line between
Maitland (DT&I crossing) and CR's CP190 (Enon), which has/had another active
portion around Osborn?

Michael Dye ELHS #1516