College chasing on the D&H/DL&W Re: (erielack) Jan Trains Mag map

>Being that I was in college during the time period represented here, I
>wasn't exactly as die hard a rail fan as I was in high school or now (wasn't
>a great way to impress women or high on the list of priorities of my
>roommates

LOL! I made the mistake of doing my undergrad in Scranton and grad in
Syracuse, so there were always trains to get in the way of my drinking and
skirt-chasing, though I managed to do all three quite nicely. Of course, I
jest as I loved both schools and all the trains, girls and beer they
offered.

I may get thrown off the list for this next story...

The only time any of my roomates gave a darn about my stories of chasing
trains on the D&H's DL&W out of Taylor was the day I got all foamed up over
a PYRP which had a blue B&M GP-9 on the point headed out of Taylor. Racing
out of Scranton, I shot it at Dalton, Nicholson, and Hop Bottom.

Then, north of Foster's I got stuck behind a guy in a mid-70's dinosuar
(this was Feb 1987) who I couldn't pass becasue he was driving all over the
road. He actually touched both shoulders, left and right!!!!!!

As we got past Alford, I was hopelessly behind the power on the train,
despite the slow orders of the day. The car in front of me continued to
weave about all the way through Milford as my turbo Monte Carlo fell further
and further behind the blue EMD.

Finally, a few miles out of Halstead, the driver started to handle his steed
in a more "normal" pattern of staying in his lane. Just after he did so, the
head of his girlfriend popped up from below and took her rightful place
sitting in the front seat. I never saw the blue GP-9 again, but I got a
story every college boy could enjoy!

:-)

Rob Davis