Re: (erielack) NYSW / DL&W between Water Gap, Stroudsburg and Gravel Place

Gary,

I'm presuming you mean that a connection would have been built with the
Sussex Branch at Warbasse for this traffic.  I have never seen any
evidence that there was ever more than crossing tracks of the NYSW and
DLW (both lines) at Warbasse.

There _is_ a map that shows two proposed connections (with multi-track
yards, one facing east, the other west) with the NYSW, but said map also
does not indicate a necessary bridge over the Paulinskill river at that point.

Dave Rutan
- --
"Gary R. Kazin" wrote:

> > Also, related to the recent discussion of detour routes... were any
> > portions of the NYSW ever used as such, either before or after the EL
> > merger?
>
> I have no idea if there was actual use.  What sections could have been
> useful:
>
> For the DLW, Gravel Place - Warbasse Jct, then down the Sussex Branch to
> Waterloo (later Netcong)?  Bypassed the 'Old Main' through Oxford and
> Washington in the days before the Cutoff.  That would have ended with the
> 1941 abandonment.
- --
Monomania can be a good thing
DL&W Sussex Branch Memorial