Re: (erielack) NJ&NY-power on east end of train

Tim-

You are exactly right.

From the book: " When residents of the homes near the west end of
the Woodbine Yard complained about the noise of diesels idling all
night, NJT ordered all diesels remaining there over night to remain
attached to the east end of their trains."

Theoretically this also means that the control cab coaches were also
facing opposite the norm.  This probably created some problems in
Hoboken for diesels (U34CH's) and control cabs when they had to be
swapped out/replaced for maintenance.  Now that the turntable is gone,
what do they do?  Send them up to the wye three miles up the line?

- -Joe Jordan