Re: (erielack) Pascack Valley / NJ&NY name change?

In a message dated 12/7/2001 8:51:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jjordan_@_blast.net writes:

> By the end of 1939, all activity above the Woodbine
> Yard was terminated (north, or westbound by timetable).

Passenger activity, yes.  There was freight activity as north as Theills
(Letchworth siding) into the late 1940's early 1950's and as north as Pomona
into the Erie Lackawanna days into the late 1960's.  I have no idea when the
track north of Woodbine was finally torn up, though.

Does anyone have a diagram of the Woodbine yard showing the through track?

Michael Sheehy
NJ & NY RR/ Erie Milepost JC 34 "Summit Park Station"

Homepages: hometown.aol.com/njnyrr
                    njnyrr.homestead.com (in progress)