(erielack) Horace F. Banta

For those of us who waited at Main and Mercer Sts. in Hackensack for the
#1 bus home to Leonia, hoping to catch sight of a Susquehanna
streamliner stopping on the adjacent track and station (It could be the
'Brill-liner' I think, or RDC(s), or silver painted cars and an engine,)
a short street we passed while walking down Main St. from the "Y", the
Fox or Oritani theatres, or (if with parents) Arnold Constable's, was
Banta Place. There were many law offices in that vicinity. I would guess
that Horace Banta was a local prominent lawyer or even later a judge.

http://www.winnebantalaw.com/abtmain.htm

There is still a law firm in Hackensack with founders: Walter G. Winne &
Horace F. Banta, shown in a 1935 picture. But I always remember Banta
Place in downtown Hackensack.
Joel McEachen

> From: "MONTGOMERY| ED" <emontgom_@_LAN.TJHSST.EDU>
> Subject: (erielack) NJNY Information