From: MONTGOMERY| ED=0D
Date: Thursday, December 06, 2001 08:59:01 AM=0D
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net=0D
Subject: (erielack) NJNY Information=0D
=0D
I went back into my collection of timetables and found this =0D
information on the NJNY. The TT issued 9-23-68 is headed: "NY =0D
Divison, N.J.& N.Y. Branch". I suspect this is about the time that =0D
EL assumed total ownership of the line because of the odd date of =0D
the timetable issue. EL mailed this to me with a complete set of =0D
timetables that went into effect at the time change at the end of =0D
October. =0D
=0D
The TT issued 10-26-69 is headed: "NY Division N.J. & N.Y. =0D
Branch, Pascack Valley Line". After that it became just the =0D
Pascack Valley Line. =0D
=0D
I hope that clears up some of the confusion about the name =0D
change of the line. I have often wondered just who Horace Banta =0D
was. Usually the courts appoint a judge to act as trustee for a =0D
company in bankruptcy. NJ & NY seemed to have Horace Banta's =0D
name attached to it for quite some time. I believe you can find his =0D
name present in the early 50s. =0D
=0D
A similar situation of name change on a line was the Northern =0D
Branch. In the early part of the 20th century, timetables identified =0D
it as "Northern Railroad of New Jersey". Old Erie employees also =0D
knew it by that name even up through the 60s.=0D
=0D
Ed Montgomery=0D
=0D
=2E