RE: (erielack) December calendar photo

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Fred Hyde wrote:

> No, they were not. The SDP45s were EL originals.
>
> Also- there were earlier SDP45s...those for Great Nothern and SP. I
> can't recall offhand if the GN/SP units pre-dated EL's first order or
> not...the SPs were for Bay-area commute service and long-haul passenger
> traffic and the GNs were for long-distance passenger trains such as the
> Empire Builder.

GN's were delivered June-Aug 67, SP's were May-July of 67.

EL's were in '69 and '70.

I believe SP's units were used in LD service before they went to the Bay Area
commute jobs to retire the H24-66's.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
root_@_bluemoon.net         www.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Internet Corp
V.90, X2 & K56flex        www.railfan.net  - The Railfan Network